Thursday, December 18, 2008

another christmas miracle...




I went to trader joes today and out in the front of the aisle was a huge display of peppermint joe joe's. I'm always up for a festive treat, so I picked up a box. I just sampled one & it might as well have been crack! I am wondering to myself...how have I never heard of these before? Or are you all just holding out on me since apparently they sell out every year! Well if you haven't had one, let me just describe the experience for you...

the cookie starts off crisp and clear like a Girl Scout Thin Mint. Then when you hit the creme filling, the crispness gives way to a lush, milky vanilla, infused with bright flecks of candy cane, reminiscent of sparks of sunlight against a fresh snow.

Doubt the power of these cookies? Just try Googling them, and you'll find people who have devoted pages to these inexplicably delicious joe-joes.

I will definitely be going to Trader Joe's tomorrow to stock up on these cookies, and will bring them out to my deprived family in Boise that have no trader joes.

11 comments:

Jeff and Stephanie said...

UMMM...YOU HAVE NEVER HAD THESE!!! How have I failed you as a friend??? This year they also have chocolate covered Jo-Joes! They are AMAZING! I have already been through a box of each and I'm not letting myself go back to TJ to get more!

Roz said...

LOL. I was laughing after that "crack" comment. LOL. Those cookies are so good. I like to have it with hot chocolate....hmmmm

Katie said...

OMG!! Those are my all time favorite cookies! I miss Trader Joes...How are you guys? Haven't heard from you in FOREVER!

jamirodana said...

Hello Dawn! Thanks for the Christmas card! I love Trader Joe's.
Congrats on the new home! My sister is down Antonio from you. You know I'm from M.V. right? You are practically living on my home turf.
I guess you can stay:) haha.

Katie said...

I am a HUGE fan of peppermint JoJo's! I miss not having a Trader Joe's. How was your Christmas? You need to add my miamoodesigns.blogspot.com to your links list ;-) This year will be the year that I will be needing a nursing cover, so get ready!

Lisa said...

Yeah, so Stephanie introduced me to them but my first taste was dark chocolate covered peppermint Jo-Jo's! I felt the same way you did. Crazy good!

Jen said...

OH MY GOSH! Dawn Payne. I have been trying to reconnect with you for ages! My friend's sister blogged pictures of Heather's family and I tried to send a message through her to Heather to you... yeah, that didn't get far. :o)

You look FABULOUS and your kids are so ADORABLE!

Thanks for reconnecting with me! My email is: lund[dot]jennifer@gmail[dot]com

Hoagland Family said...

Why can't we have a TJ in Utah!! It's just not fair that you all get to have all the good stuff:)

PS...I loooove your new homestead. I bet it so fun being in such a great area.

Kathrine said...

Ohmygosh! those are soo good! The chocolate covered ones are really good too! Oh and this is kathrine!

Heather Hainsworth said...

OK, I just read your blog for the 1st time in a while and I want to know what happened to the cookies? Did you eat them all before you came out or what? Now I'm dying to try them!

Heather Hainsworth said...

OK, so I obviously have not read your blog in a while. I want to know what happened to the cookies because they did not make it out to Boise. Did you eat them all before hand or are you just hoarding them? Now I'm just dying to trying them!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio