Thursday, February 19, 2009

meet molly.



She is the latest evidence of our insanity. Don't let the cute face fool you--she's got razor sharp teeth and she knows how to use them.

I can't believe I forgot to add this little girl to the things that make me smile about Brian. We traveled all the way to Mississippi to get her. One might ask, "you couldn't find a lab puppy in CA?" yes, yes we could. But she wouldn't be a "wildrose dog"--the offspring of two of the finest hunting dogs bred with the finest hunting attributes and training. you think to yourself, "oh, i guess i didn't know that brian was a hunter..." He's avid. I think he went dove hunting one time with his dad last year.

But that's not the only part that makes me smile. A year and a half before we got the dog he ordered "training the wildrose way" instructional dvd and has probably watched it 20 times. (and has forced others to watch it as well--sorry!!) He's determined to make this a well trained beast. I have to had it to hand it to him. He's been doing training sessions every day. And for those of you that are concerned for my emotional well being (already having 2 under 3 at home--one being jack)--Brian takes it to work with him almost every day and he takes it out in the freezing cold at the 3am to go to the bathroom.




We did make a weekend out of it. We stayed in this cute little cabin on the wildrose property


You can't go to Memphis without visiting "graceland" right? Trust us, skip it. it's totally "underwhelming" not a very big house for a "mansion" straight out of the 70s with a "white trash" flare about it.



We also visited the Lorraine Motel--the site of Martin Luther King's assassination. They converted it into the civil rights museum. Very cool. Not the oppression, but the museum.



What is a visit to the south with out some down and dirty bbq eating? Which is yet another thing about brian that I left off his list--his bbq obsession.

4 comments:

Roz said...

I think I have seen that BBQ place on the food network before. YUMMY

Jeff and Stephanie said...

I'm so proud of you for updating your blog so good! Maybe it will inspire me to update mine - Maybe! :)

Jonna said...

I just wanted to thank You for visiting my baking blog(Get Off Your Butt & Bake), and for leaving a nice comment. I love little Molly...so darn cute!

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Molly looks adorable! And the story is hilarious! I love that brian had a training dvd prior to owning the wildrose.

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio