Thursday, December 6, 2007

Scary news

We are reaching a point in our lives where we start to realize ( if we haven't been forced to already) that our parents are not the invincible people we have always believed them to be. My parents, in their desire to protect us, didn't share what has been going on for the past little while. My dad has had some chest pains, when he would cycle or exercise--that landed him in the ER last week and a trip to the cardiologist and into the hospital today to have a stint placed in the artery of his heart! Everything went really well with the surgery and he was looking very well in the hospital today when i went to visit him. We are so blessed to have modern medicine, where they can go through an artery in your leg and fix your heart--being awake the entire time.

The doctors say that 99% of his left artery was blocked and he was a heart attack waiting to happen. It is so scary to see these types of things threaten the life of someone you love so much. I will take this moment to say how thankful I am for my father who has always been there to support and love me in every single step of my life. You are so special to me--so take care of yourself so we will have many more years of memories! I love you papa...

4 comments:

Jeff and Stephanie said...

Your dad is a champ and I know will come through this with flying colors! I'm here if you need anything!

Kristina said...

Im so glad to hear everything went okay. like stephanie said, he is a champ!

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Your dad is awesome! I'm glad he is doing well! Love ya!
Linds

Matt and Kay Jones said...

Hey lady! I need your address so I can send you a Christmas card!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio