Thursday, December 6, 2007

coming out all ends...

I must really love Jack to put up with everything he has dished out this week. Of course we have become accustomed to the daily diaper changing (times 2 ,i might add) but i have had some serious tests of my love for my dear sweet son. He threw up in the middle of the night on Tuesday--which he was completely unaware of by the way. I went in to get him in the morning there was a horrible odor that permeated the entire upstairs. I seriously thought a mouse had died in the vent or something. he was all smiles and was completely unaware of what had happened. I have no idea how he could not have noticed--he was all nuzzled up to his blanket that was full of chunks of meat and pasta (the overshare was for you Katie :) His crib was a nightmare and his hair was covered in a think goo-like substance--arg. Wed. we were okay--Thursday I pick him up and suddenly feel a warm sensation on my leg--if figured his diaper leaked, bummer, but didn't realize at the time WHAT had leaked--even bigger bummer. The poor little guy had severe diarrhea-that was a fun diaper change. Time for a shower for both of us!

Then finally, i'm making dinner tonight, and Jack loves to help. He took his place on his chair next to me. I got busy cooking and i look over to find a cloud of powder raining down. turns out that he shoveled a man-size spoonful of flour into his mouth. He quickly spat it out (thus the cloud) and when he inhaled in, the flour was making him cough. He produces a large amount of drool, as most know, which was at this point was creating a dough of sorts in the back of his throat and was beginning to choke him. He was freaking out which in turn made me freak out, so I stick my finger in his mouth to dislodge what was choking him and he throws up the contents of stomach all over me, the counter, the floor etc (don't worry dinner group--it wasn't in the food) I think this is all the nastiness I can handle for one week.

5 comments:

Robertsons said...

i know its not funny...but the whole kitchen thing did give me a laugh!

Katie said...

TMI Dawn...TMI

You see, sometimes things like that just have to be shared! Its one of those things thats so gross its funny! So no more telling me TMI ;-)

Jeff and Stephanie said...

How do you do all that you do!?! I love that kid so if you ever need to drop him off I understand! If it makes you feel any better dinner was so good last night!

Lisa said...

Zoe did the same thing last friday night!! She'll cry in the night for less, but barf all over the entire crib-not a sound...I feel for you.

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Loved the overshare!! Hope you have a better week this week! ; )

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio