Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Halloween in Ladera

finally updating the blog...our annual party was transported to Mikey and Rachel's new pad in Ladera Ranch. It was so fun to see Jack actually enjoy halloween (somewhat) hated the lion head LOVED the candy! I tried and tried to think of a costume for jack to beat last year, but how do you beat nacho libre? I for sure did not have the time this year to make all of the costumes but Brian stepped up in true boyscout form and lashed a cage for our little lions. He gets so into stuff like that--he spent hours with his bamboo and YouTube! It turned out sweet. The costumes were all out this year--Nora & Rachel busted out the sewing machines & did a fabulous job. Jeff & steph's costume was awesome (plus it was "green"--nice use of recyclable materials)! I think it was inspired by Bear's transformer blog. Ruby wasn't getting enough attention--so she decided to have the biggest blowout I've ever seen. Up the back, up the front, the sides--everywhere! We had to throw her in the bath. I was shocked at how well my kids did--they were able to hang until 10pm. Anyone who knows jack, knows he usually melts @ 7. It might have been the fumes from the dry ice that he was inhaling. For 2 days afterwards he would knock on the doors of our house and wait for them to open and someone give him candy. I love love halloween!

1 comments:

Katie said...

I can't believe how much Ruby and Marie look a like! I thought that from the moment I saw Ruby though...and can I just say, GREAT costumes this year! You all are so creative! Zach and I are duds when it comes to stuff like that. Wish we could have been there to join in all the fun!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio