Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Conference

Our buddies ,the Jensen's, came over for a tasty breakfast of German pancakes (or puff puff pancakes, as steph calls them). They are so good, but of course they have to be--have you seen how much butter is in that recipe--umm delish! I was shocked, but Jack actually allowed us to watch both sessions! (of course he was napping during the 2nd :) I managed to stay awake through 89% of conference and I was very glad. I was really impressed by all the talks. My fav had to be claudio with the "kiss kiss & hug, hug" in a spanish accent. We were dying! Can you believe how much they emphasized the family and the roles we play as parents? It really made me look at my own family and made me want to be a better mother and teacher to my children. We are so blessed to have direct revelation from prophets to help us get through the trials of life and the specific things we need to be happy!
Afterwards, Jeff and Brian graciously volunteered to watch the kids (& play XBOX) so Steph and I could go visit Amber Simm & her new baby in the hospital. It was a win-win because we didn't want to sit & watch them play. BTW amber's baby is adorable! Congrats!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio